Home > About Us > Art on Park > Centennial Exhibition
Be a part of history and apply for the Centennial Exhibition! This special exhibition is curated by Twin Cities Library's Art on Park program and will feature the artistic works of SMU alumni, staff, and students throughout the past 100 years. SMU alumni, staff, and students may submit one artistic product to be included in the Centennial Exhibition. The exhibition will open on March 9, 2013 and conclude in October 2013.
The Art on Park Selection Committee will review all applications and select candidates. Applications submitted will be assessed for the degree of:
- Thoughtfulness and completeness of the submitted application
- Fulfillment of the Art on Park purpose
- Durability of the artistic product
- Experience, ability, and quality indicated by the artistic product
- Compliance with Saint Mary's University of Minnesota's Policy on Artistic Expression as It Relates to Academic Freedom
Benefits of Art on Park for Artists
- Exposure to thousands of students, faculty, and community members.
- Receipt of all sales proceeds.
- Promotional materials created and distributed by Art on Park staff.
- Opening reception.
- Option to donate artistic product permanently to Saint Mary's University of Minnesota.
- No application fee.
For more information on areas available to exhibit art, artist responsibilities, and selection committee procedures, read the Centennial Exhibition Policy.
Delivery and Pickup
Selected artists are responsible for delivery and pickup of the artistic product. Artistic products must be delivered to Twin Cities Campus Library by March 8, 2013. Interested artists may either pickup or donate the artistic product to Saint Mary's University of Minnesota to be permanently displayed on-campus.
Applications must be submitted by December 1, 2012.
To apply, complete the Centennial Exhibition Application.