Finding Books & Videos at SMU
This tutorial will teach you how to use MnPALS Plus (Saint Mary's University's library catalog) to locate items available at the Twin Cities Campus
Library in Minneapolis and the Fitzgerald Library in Winona, MN.
Finding Twin Cities Campus Library Books
- On TC Library's homepage,
mouseover the banner text "Articles, Books & More" and select the link Books
& Videos from the dropdown menu.
- Make sure the Saint Mary's tab is selected. Type your keywords into the
SMU search box and click "Find."
- You will see a results page with items related to your topic from both Saint
Mary's University libraries. To limit your results toTwin Cities Campus
- Turn your attention to the left sidebar under the heading "Refine your
- Scroll down the page until you see the section titled Sub-Library.
- Click the blue hyperlinked text "St. Mary's Univ. Twin Cities."
- Success! Your results page shows Twin Cities Campus library items only. Note
that under the heading "Refine your search" you can see that you've limited
the search results to only those in the St. Mary's Univ. Twin Cities sublibrary.
To delete this limit, click the red icon with the white dash next to the Sub-Library
Finding Winona Campus Library Books
To limit your results to items available at the Fitzgerald Library in Winona,
follow the same steps as above, only select St. Mary's Univ. Winona.
NOTE: Saint Mary's University Winona Campus (Fitzgerald Library) books
and videos cannot be requested through Interlibrary Loan or placed on hold
in the MnPALS Plus catalog. To request Winona books and videos, you must manually
enter the item's information into the Blank
Interlibrary Loan Book Request Form.
See the Finding
Books in Minnesota tutorial for learning more MnPALS Plus search tips.