Finding Books from Other Libraries
As Saint Mary's students, faculty, and staff, you may borrow books and DVDs from other libraries within the MnPALS consortium.
Searching for Books from Other Libraries
- Go to MnPALS Plus directly or select the Books from Other Libraries link on the homepage (located below the SuperSearch search box).
- Search for an item using the title, author, subject, or ISBN/ISSN number. A keyword search can be done by leaving the search option at All Fields. Select Search.
- Narrow results by selecting Books or DVDs from the formats listed on the right.
- Browse titles, locations, and availabilities in the results list.
- Get the desired item by either:
- Requesting it through interlibrary loan, and it will arrive in the library within 1-4 business days on average.
- Picking it up at the library using your Saint Mary's ID card.
Requesting Books Through Interlibrary Loan
- Select the title of the item you want to request.
- Select Request item at the bottom of the screen.
- Log in with your Saint Mary's username and password (same as Blackboard, WebMail, and WebTools).
- Select Place an ILL Request at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Submit Request button.
- Success!! Most books and DVDs arrive to Twin Cities Library within 1-4 business days. When the item arrives, we will email your Saint Mary's Gmail account. You can ask us to mail the item to your home address for free by responding to the notification email.
Picking Up Books at Other Libraries
- Verify that the item is available in MnPALS Plus.
- Write down the location and call number.
- Call the library to verify that the item is on the shelf.
- Bring your Saint Mary's ID card to check out the item.
- Contact us if you have any questions.
After selecting a specific title, you can obtain a preformatted APA citation by selecting the Cite this link.