Home > Get Help > Tutorials > View, Renew, & More > Cancelling Requested Items
Cancelling Requested Items
View and cancel requested items within your MnPALS account. Learn how below.
- Go to the Twin Cities Library homepage.
- Mouseover My Accounts from the top of the page.
- Select MnPALS (Renew Items) from the drop-down list.
- Log in (Username: 14-digit library barcode number found on your SMU student ID card; Password: your last name).
- Select Holds and Recalls or ILL Requests to find the item you want to cancel.
- Select the checkbox next to the item you want to cancel.
- Select Cancel Selected ILLs or Cancel Selected Holds at the top of the list.
What are holds?
The word hold is library jargon for request. You can place a hold on (or request) an item owned by Twin Cities Library, whether it is checked out or not. Once the item is available, a librarian will email you that the item is available, pull the item, and reserve it for you on the hold shelf.
The item will remain on the hold shelf for one week. During that time, no one else may use it. If you do not pick up the item within one week, your hold will be cancelled, the item will be returned to the shelf, and other students may check it out. You can also cancel the hold request by following the instructions above.