~ Workshops are open to all currently enrolled students;
~ Workshops meet on the Twin Cities campus unless otherwise noted;
~ Workshop fee is $50 (charged on your tuition statement after workshop);
~ Special: PAIR 'EM UP! First workshop is $50. Take a second workshop same semester for $25.
~ Need to cancel a workshop? See instructions at bottom of page.
FALL TERM 2014-- WORKSHOPS BY TOPIC
To register, click the registration link after workshop description. (If registration screen fails to open, click cancel and wait for onscreen directions.)
- SSVC175: Microsoft Word 2007/2010 for APA Get Details Register
- In this workshop learn how to set your computer defaults to support APA style, create an APA document with reference page and table of contents, customize your Quick Access toolbar for APA, avoid common formatting errors, insert simple tables and graphics, and learn word processing shortcuts that will save you time and energy. Workshop participants are expect to have basic proficiency with Microsoft Word when they enroll.
NOTE: This workshop is appropriate for Word 2011 for Mac. Mac users must provide their own laptops. Laptops are optional for PC users.
Fri. Jan. 31, 6pm-9:30pm
Sat. Feb. 22, 9am-12:30pm
- SSVC180: Presenting in PowerPoint Get Details Register
- Do you have a class that requires an oral presentation? Do you need to make a presentation at work? Here is a workshop designed for PowerPoint beginners that will help you give a dazzling performance!
|To be announced.
- SSVC200: Resumes! Get Details Register
- What makes a resume effective? Start creating or updating your own resume using "best practice" tips for getting your resume noticed. Workshop includes templates and other resources. The last hour of this workshop allows you to work on your resume with a writing consultant to help you.
Fri. Mar. 14, 6pm-9pm
- SSVC275 Punctuation: Just Commas Get Details Register
- This workshop covers the major comma rules and goes into depth about some of the more challenging uses of the comma. Activities provide opportunities for practice and feedback. This is a great review workshop for those of you who want to master those pesky commas.
|To be announced
- SSVC300: Introduction to APA Source Citation Get Details Register
- This workshop is designed for students new to APA style. Learn APA guidelines for basic source citations in text and on the reference page. Learn to find APA source information in electronic databases and on the Internet. The emphasis is on APA rule patterns and using the manual efficiently.
Fri. Jan. 24, 6pm-10pm
Sat. Feb. 15, 9am-1pm
FALL TERM 2014---WORKSHOPS BY DATE
To register, click registration link after workshop description.
(If registration screen fails to open, click cancel and wait for onscreen directions.)
|Jan 24, Fri.
||SSVC 300: Introduction to APA Source Citation Register
|Jan 31, Fri.
|SSVC 175: Microsoft Word for APA Register
|Feb 15, Sat.
|SSVC 300: Introduction to APA Source Citation Register
|Feb 22, Sat.
||SSVC 175: Microsoft Word for APA Register
|Mar 14, Fri.
||SSVC 200: Resumes! Register
If you cannot attend a workshop in which you registered, you must cancel at least 48 hours in advance in order to avoid the workshop fee. Writing Center staff cannot cancel for you.
Please use the online cancellation screen at
Cancel My Workshop Registration
Questions? Contact the Writing Center, 612-728-5154 or firstname.lastname@example.org