Group Study Room Policy
Fitzgerald Library provides group study rooms (McEnery 237, 238, 239 and 240) to currently enrolled Saint Mary's University of Minnesota students, faculty and staff. The main purpose of these rooms is to provide space for students to engage in collaborative study in small groups.
• Group Study Rooms (McEnery 237-240) are available for booking by students through the library online room booking system.
• Users without reservations must vacate the room when requested by someone with a valid reservation.
• Groups of two or more will have preference in the use of Group Study Rooms. While individuals may use a room if it is empty, please cooperate by surrendering the space if requested by a group or library staff.
• Rooms are available on a first come, first served basis when not reserved.
• Group Study Rooms are not to be used for Campus or Activity meetings after 3 p.m. Please use other classroom areas on campus (available for reservation in Astra Scheduling system) for these meetings.
• If a room is discovered unoccupied for more than 15 minutes, all belongings will be placed behind the library's circulation desk and the room will be made available to other patrons.
• Library conduct applies to the Group Study Rooms just as it does for the rest of the building.
• Belongings should not be left unattended in the Group Study Rooms. The library is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage of personal property.
• Library staff routinely monitors all Group Study Rooms. The Library reserves the right to enter a Group Study Room at any time.
Faculty wishing to use Group Study Rooms (McEnery 237-240) for their classes during the daytime should use the online Astra Room Scheduling system. These reservation requests will be approved by the library director.
Individuals always have access to study carrels on the perimeters of all floors. Study rooms in the upper and lower levels of the library building are available on a first come, first served use.
As with many things in our library building, policy about use of the group study rooms is subject to change based on experience and need. We welcome your comments about this policy or anything else about the building: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fitzgerald Library, Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
Group Study Room Use Policy